Nespresso has announced that it produced its most compact coffee machine to date, with no compromise on efficiency or the quality of your coffee. In this review, we’ll explore what Nespresso claims is a machine for “perfect coffee, every time”: the Essenza Mini.
We’ll look into its features, specifications and aesthetics, performance, pros and cons, and of course whether we think you should buy it!
Nespresso offers a wide range of excellent coffee makers, well-known for their unique blends and superior quality. In this article, we’re going to check out the Mini-version of the Essenza
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently...
- ESPRESSO MACHINE: Enjoy a full range of espresso coffee with...
Essenza Mini Features
- 19 bar pressure, which means that the machine has the power to pierce the capsule’s film and release all of the coffee’s aroma.
- Watts: 1310 W
- Eco made
- Compact size, easy to transport and set up
- Perfect for smaller kitchens and studio-apartments which can’t accommodate larger machines.
- Fast heat-up time, easy control and use of the machine.
- User manual
Essenza Mini Performance Review
This machine’s performance is as advertised, ‘It delivers premium coffee with maximum flavor, without the hassle of endless sizing and filtering options.’
The reason behind the Essenza Mini’s convenience is the machine’s one-touch option; it has just two buttons to choose from: Lungo, and Restretto.
Users have raved about how delicious the product of this coffee maker is, some called it ‘the best thing about waking up in the morning’, as well as: “a neat, practical, and swift addition to any kitchen:”
Our own analysis has led us to the following points:
- It is without a doubt one of the easiest coffee machines to use, with only two buttons to choose from and the need for a single-touch to get your coffee ready.
- It can fit in any small kitchen closet and pulled out when needed because It doesn’t have a lot of moving parts or many cleaning requirements.
- It is an optimal choice for small households and single-dwellers.
- Its coffee didn’t feel as piping-hot as store-bought coffee. When we tested it, we found that it didn’t reach 200 degrees (as the definition of espresso requires) this feature can also be considered a pro depending on how you like your coffee, and how long you’re willing to wait for it to cool down!
How to Use the Nespresso Essenza Mini
We wanted to check how easy it is to use the machine, so we jotted down the steps for you:
- Lift the lever and insert a coffee capsule, then lower the lever.
- Choose either button to start the machine, and wait for 30 seconds for it to stop blinking which means it has reached the desired heat.
- Press and hold the button you’d like to program. Ristretto for small shots, and lungo for double the size. Release the button when you reach your desired size.
- When your machine starts, the capsule will drop into the used capsule container which holds up to six used capsules.
- And voila! You can now enjoy your rich, smooth, crema-topped espresso
- To descale the machine, press and hold both buttons until they begin flashing, then press the lungo button.
It wouldn’t be an overstatement to say that this machine is the epitome of contemporary elegance and practicality.
The machine comes in two sleek designs, with three colors to choose from for each type. The Essenza mini’s unique design features make it easy to match with any kitchen or decor, and its compact size makes it easy to fit in even the smallest of spaces.
The Essenza mini’s small size means that it can fit in those few extra inches next to your stove-top, and its capacity is enough for 5-10 coffees depending on whether you choose the Ristretto or Lungo options, so you’ll need to refill the machine every few days.
- Capacity — 2 cup sizes; Brew size: 1.35 oz espresso, 3.70 oz lungo, reservoir: 20.3 oz
- Materials — The Essenza Mini is made of durable materials and is known for standing the test of time. The company website doesn’t state what the specific materials are, but that it’s recyclable, and guaranteed against defects in materials and workmanship for two years of domestic use.
- Dimensions — 3.2″W x 12.8″D x 8.1″H
- Weight — At only 1.5 lbs, this machine is extremely lightweight, which makes it easy to store and pull out when needed, or to take with you on your next trip when you just can’t do without your beloved cup of coffee in the morning!
Should You Buy the Nespresso Essenza Mini?
Our verdict is a yes!
After reviewing the pros and cons of this coffee-maker, it’s clear that the pros outweigh the cons by far. This coffee-maker is perfect for those who appreciate affordability and small size, as well as a well-made cup of coffee, if you fit this criteria, then the Essenza Mini is the coffee-maker for you!
In the end, we’d like to say that we’re fans of this machine, because it has a lot of offer with minimum drawbacks. When we compared its price, performance, and features to its competitors, it was clear that the Essenza Mini is a winner.
We also want to remind you that Nespresso has a nationwide recycling program for club members, where you can recycle coffee capsules, and that you can order your capsules online through their website.
Still Looking for a Nespresso?
If you’re not sold on the Essenza Mini, why not check out our buying guide of the best Nespresso units on the market in 2020?
- NESPRESSO VERTUOLINE VARIETY PACK ASSORTMENT: This Nespresso...
- INTENSITY: This assortment will let you explore the rich tastes...
- SMOOTH & BALANCED: This Nespresso coffee incorporates quality...
- INTENSITY 6: This Nespresso coffee blend features a soft...
- DENSE & WILD: This Nespresso coffee is created from South and...
- INTENSITY 8: This Nespresso coffee blend is made from a blend of...
- INDULGENT FLAVORS: This assortment of Nespresso Vertuo coffee...
- BARISTA CREATIONS: A range of specialty Nespresso coffees...